Pages

Sunday 12 June 2011

Day 12 5k race

Did it!

It was p'ing down all morning, but loads of people turned up and it was a lovely race through the grounds and deer park of Woburn Abbey.

Best bit was where tiny fawn decided to join in and was running alongside us for ages.  Thought it was going to go to finish line for a medal.

I was glad to finish at 5k thought, the rain was not nice and when I saw the people who were going round for the 2nd lap I didn't envy them.

Runkeeper messed up again and paused itself after only 2.something k.  Thankfully the edit facility has let me put in exactly where I ran, and I noted the times so this is where I was  http://runkeeper.com/user/Kimivory/activity/39063498

V. wet and cold. Really thought that Mother could have done the decent thing and run around with me holding umbrella! :)  She and Buster stayed in car with binoculars........ and didn't see me.  I got back to car and there she was staring at the runners through the bins and jumped out of her skin when I opened the door.

"I thought you couldn't be THAT far back" she said in a way that suggested that she thought I would be somewhere near the back.

Anyway Day 12 done well.  Down to pub now!

No comments:

Post a Comment