Pages

Wednesday 29 June 2011

Day 28

30 mins on treadmill. HATED IT.  It's funny how sometimes it's easy then other times it's just hard work!
Wasn't helped by the fact that I  ran for the first 10 mins on an incline of 10.  I usually walk for 3 mins on a high incline to stretch my legs out, then zero the machine and start my 30 mins.  Forgot to lower the incline this time, and it was really hard.

Later added weightlifting to my activity.

Place the handlebar post spacer (48) onto the pivot shaft welded on the right side or the main frame. Attach the right handlebar post bracket to the pivot shaft and secure in position with a hex head bolt (50) and washer (49)........... 


That was the first page of the instructions for putting Mum's treadmill together.  It was like reading Chinese.  In fact it was reading Chinese.  The thing was made in China (what isn't?) and some of the instructions were v. bonkers.  It was especially confusing, when on page 3 a random sentence from page 1 was reprinted for no good reason, which threw me right out.


Anyway got it all put together with only 2 screws left over.  Woke up in middle of night worrying about the 2 spare screws.  What if aged mother is on treadmill and the thing falls to bits because I've missed screwing something together. Spoke to her this morning and told her to read instructions again and see if I missed anything out. 


It's actually quite hard work to make it move.  It's not motorised and it does make your legs work.  Mum was planning on doing an hour a night on it while watching TV, but I think that 5 mins will be more than enough to start with.


Only 2 days to go! Hoorah!  



No comments:

Post a Comment