Pages

Sunday 26 June 2011

Day 26

Yesterday I did....nothing.  it's not often that Bad Kim really digs her heels in, but Yesterday I mumbled something about better go and do something Juneathony and Bad Kim just said "NO".  I cajoled myself, and that is harder than it sounds, but she said "Bugger it, I'm not doing anything today and you can't make me!" So I gave in and had a day off.  BAD KIM!

Today I ran 7.31km in 56.37 mins  http://runkeeper.com/user/Kimivory/activity/40824910,  It was really nice, lovely warm weather and I went to Caldecotte Lake which is a gorgeous place to run.  Lots of other people out running as well so there was a nice feel about the place.  No-one else ever seems to look so red and hot as I do though!

I should have gone a tiny bit further as I ran 56 mins instead of 60, but I sort of ran out of places to go as I was back at the car and short of running in circles I was stumped. Still v. please with myself as I did 6.58km in 60 mins last week.

ALSO, tested out my new 1000 Mile tactel trainer socks, and am v. pleased to report that I do not have a blister where a blister ought to be after running that distance!!!  Usual blister under left big toe joint is absent!!  Excellent!!!

Feet and new shoes seem to have arrived at a truce and no more aches from them so everything is falling into place nicely at the moment.

ALSO - huge excitement.....I have a follower at last!!!!! Thank you Rachel! x

Having a little BBQ this p.m. as the weather is SO fab.

Is there a collective noun for a glut of cucumbers?

















I think it should be called an Embarrassment of cucumbers.  I don't know what to do with the things.  This was only yesterday's picking, there are zillions more little ones ripening!!

1 comment:

  1. Oooh they look like they'd make juicy gherkins....

    ReplyDelete